The world of luxury cars is a wide and exciting one. There are so many types of vehicles that you can find, each with its own unique features. Even if you have never driven one before, it is easy to get around them thanks to all the information available online. You can find out everything from how much they cost to what they look like and even learn more about what kind of engine they have in them! In this article, we will talk about the top 10 cheapest luxury cars in India, along with the reasons why you choose a luxury car and how to take care of the same. So, Let’s dive in.
Why Luxury Cars?
The reasons to choose luxury cars are not limited to their engines, sound systems, telematics, transmissions, safety features, and interior materials that are frequently of greater quality in luxury cars, and they are also equipped with more luxuries. Additionally, they might have better soundproofing, premium body parts, and aluminium or carbon fibre components rather than steel. Some more benefits of choosing a luxury car include:
- Discover True Luxury: Luxury automobiles offer more than a simply beautiful vehicle for travel. You will have a really luxurious experience thanks to this excellent product. Luxury automobile manufacturers work to develop exclusive benefits for individuals purchasing a car.
- Excellent Service: Unfortunately, there are faults with any cars from time to time as well. The same goes for luxury cars. They differ from regular cars, though, since owning one gives you access to a maintenance package and round-the-clock roadside help. Problem-solving doesn’t need you to adjust your already packed schedule or take a day off.
- Process of Luxury Delivery: While purchasing a luxury car can be an interesting method, purchasing a car can be a very stressful affair. When you purchase a premium item, you can visit the manufacturer and inspect the car you want to possess. This entails meeting the persons responsible for realising your dream.
- Take A Luxury Car Ride: Investing in a premium vehicle goes beyond simply looking good. You can benefit from advantages, thrills, and higher quality. Given that you receive all of these wonderful advantages, the cost is reasonable.
Top 10 Cheapest Luxury Cars In India
1. Volvo XC40 – INR 55.90 Lakhs
The Volvo XC40 is a mid-size luxury SUV. It has a range of engines to choose from, including turbocharged and naturally aspirated petrol motors. The car’s powertrain also features direct injection technology, which means that it can achieve greater fuel efficiency than many other models on the market today.
This can be achieved through two different modes- Drive Energy Control or Eco mode. In Drive Energy Control mode, you’ll be able to select how much power you want at any one time (there are three settings). If you’re looking for maximum performance, then the Eco mode is probably better suited because it limits your engine output while still giving you full control over how much power goes into each gear change. This helps reduce wear on your clutch plates over time by reducing frictional forces between them during the acceleration and braking phases, respectively.
More Details About Volvo XC40
- The engine of 2.0-litre turbo petrol and mild-hybrid capacity
- It offers an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- It gives a Mileage of 14.4 km/l
- It uses petrol as its fuel type
- A seating Capacity of Five people
- Contains Seven airbags.
Overall, the styling from the older Volvo SUVs has been carried over, offering this model a more upscale appearance. The vehicle that contributes the most to your increased sense of security while also looking attractive is a premium SUV.
2. Audi Q3 – INR 45- 50 Lakhs
The Audi Q3 is a compact SUV that offers you all the comforts of a sedan, along with the flexibility to go off-road. It comes with an electric power steering system, which makes it easy to manoeuvre through tight spaces without having to worry about slippage or jitteriness.
The engine capacity of this car is 2.0 litres of turbo petrol, and it has a manual gearbox option as well as an automatic transmission option (A/T). The interior of this vehicle has been designed with utmost care and attention paid towards its functionality while being aesthetically pleasing at the same time, hence ensuring comfort for both front seat occupants as well as rear passengers alike.
Its distinguishing feature continues to be the same Audi personality, which blends premium-ness and efficiency without actually elevating one over the other like its similar German competitors. It also comes equipped with many safety features like dual-stage airbags, ABS Brakes etc., which ensures maximum protection during accidents or other situations where there might be risk involved when driving on highways.
More Details About Audi Q3
- It has an Engine of 2.0-litre turbo petrol
- Comes with 7-speed automatic transmissions
- Provides a mileage of 14.93 km/l
- Uses petrol as its fuel type
- Comes with a seating capacity of five people
- Contains six airbags.
3. Skoda Superb – INR 34.19 – 37.29 Lakhs
Skoda Superb is a sedan that was launched in 2015. It comes with a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine that produces 119 bhp of power and 195 Nm of torque. The car also comes with an automatic transmission as standard, but you can choose between a manual or an automatic one if you want to change gears yourself.
Inside cabin design is also quite impressive – leather seats up front, along with space behind them, provide a comfortable ride over long distances without feeling cramped inside the cabin itself, where rear seats fold down into floorboards.
The fuel consumption figures for this vehicle are very good; it gets 15 km/l in city driving while travelling on highways; its efficiency goes up to 20 km/l which makes it one of the most efficient cars around its price range. The engine performs well, too; there’s no noise coming from under the hood when you press down on the pedal or accelerate hard at any given time, making it a smooth and easy drive experience overall!
More Details About Skoda Superb
- It has an Engine of 2.0-litre turbo petrol
- Comes with the 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
- It gives a Mileage of 15.1 km/l
- Uses petrol as its fuel type
- Offers a seating capacity of 5 people
- It has eight airbags.
4. Audi A4 – INR 43-51 Lakhs
If you want to move on the Audi sedan ladder, you should choose the Audi A4. Like other Audi vehicles, the A4 solely runs on gasoline. It combines high-end furnishings with a spirited engine and excellent levels of refinement. Like the ride quality, the sedan’s current version is ideally suited for Indian roads. There is also a mild-hybrid configuration. The A4 is a well-handling sedan, but if you want to be driven around, opt for the back seat, where you can enjoy it most.
The Audi A4 is one of the most affordable luxury cars in India, with an engine capacity of 2.0 litres and an automatic transmission. It has a braking system that works on 9 different levels and comes with features like airbags and seat belt reminders as well as cruise control, which all add up to making it one of the safest cars around. Its fuel economy is also very good at 18 km/l (15 mpg) on highways and 15 km/l on city roads. This model has more features like dual airbags and a central locking system.
More Details About Audi A4
- It has an Engine of 2.0-litre turbo petrol
- Offers 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
- Provides a mileage of 17.4 km/l
- It uses petrol as its fuel type.
- Offers a seating capacity of 5 people
- It has 6 airbags.
5. BMW 3 Series – INR 52.90 lakhs
Like all other BMWs, the BMW 3 Series is a driver’s car first and a luxury automobile second. The only vehicle on the list with a top-spec model priced well beyond approximately Rs 50 lakh is this one, but since it is the unique M340i, we will set it aside for the time being. The sedan’s standard versions come in both petrol & diesel engine options. In addition to providing excellent backseat comfort, it also offers enjoyable driving. As far as design is concerned, it completes the family image by emulating larger BMWs.
If you prefer to be chauffeured around during the workweek but want to drive yourself on the weekends, go with the 3 Series. BMW 3 Series has been around for a long time, and it has become one of the most popular luxury compact executive cars in India. It was launched in 1972 as a fourth-generation model by BMW.
The car is available in 5 variants – 320i, 330i, 340i (EfficientDynamics), 435i Gran Turismo with xDrive all-wheel drive and 430d Gran Turismo diesel engine, respectively. The base variant gets a 2.0 L 4-cylinder engine with either petrol or diesel fuel options while top models come powered by an inline 6-cylinder engine that develops 300hp while the last ones have an 8 cylinder turbocharged petrol unit which produces 400hp!
More Details About BMW 3 Series
- It has an Engine with 2.0-litre turbo petrol and 2.0-litre diesel
- Offers an 8-speed automatic (both engines) transmission
- Provides a mileage of 17.4 km/l 16.1 km/l, and 20.3 km/l
- It uses both petrol and diesel as its fuel type
- Offers a seating capacity of 5 people and has six airbags.
6. Mini Cooper SE – INR 50.90 Lakhs
The Mini Cooper’s size may not be its best quality, but as soon as you see the price tag, you’ll realise that excellent things exist in all shapes and sizes. Additionally, it’s the only vehicle that gives you the luxuries of a convertible. Despite complete disclosure, the convertible costs a little over Rs 50 lakh. Therefore, the Mini Cooper adds more to luxury than just size. Additionally, it has a unique appearance, driving dynamics akin to a go-kart, and a high desirability level.
The MINI Cooper SE is an all-electric hatchback that offers a range of up to 235 km on a single charge. It comes with fast charging technology that allows you to recharge the battery in just 35 minutes. The Cooper SE also features regenerative braking that converts kinetic energy into electrical energy and stores it in the battery, further improving its efficiency. The Cooper SE comes with a host of features, including air conditioning, a touchscreen infotainment system, and power windows.
More Details About Mini Cooper SE
- The model is powered by a 32.6 kWh pack of battery.
- Once fully charged, it can offer a range of 270 Km.
- In only seconds of 7.3, the model is propelled by the motor from 0-100km/h
- It offers a seating capacity of up to four people.
7. BMW X1 – INR 45.90 – 47.90 Lakhs
If you want to go the SUV route, the X1 is the gateway vehicle into the BMW universe. With its nimble handling and potent performance, it has consistently captured Indian purchasers’ attention. The BMW X1 has long been the standard option for a compact luxury SUV that offers pure driving enjoyment.
With the most recent upgrade, BMW also improved the ride quality and made it more forgiving of damaged roads, making it more useful for families. Therefore, there is nothing better than the BMW X1 if your notion of a premium SUV is one which gives your hands & feet quiver every time you step behind the wheel.
More Details About BMW X1
- The model has an Engine 2.0-litre diesel.
- It offers a 7-speed DCT and 8-speed automatic transmission.
- It offers a combined mileage of 15-20 km/l
- BMW X1 uses both petrol as well as diesel as its fuel type
- BMW X1 has a Seating Capacity of five people and comes with six airbags.
8. Toyota Camry – INR 45.25 lakhs
The Camry has a lengthy history in the Indian automobile industry, and if there is any word to sum it up, it would be a reliable luxury. It has developed a reputation as a sedan that would not give up and will provide its owners with a pleasant experience for many years. You can also boast about being “green” because it is a hybrid.
The Toyota Camry Hybrid is a luxury sedan that offers a perfect blend of style, comfort, and efficiency. It is powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine combined with an electric motor that delivers a total system power of 208 horsepower. The car also comes with an e-CVT transmission that provides smooth and seamless acceleration. The Toyota Camry Hybrid boasts a fuel efficiency of 23.27 kmpl, making it one of the most fuel-efficient cars in its class.
The Camry has the most advanced safety technology, and the backseat experience is perfect comfort. Because of its high-reliability rating, the Toyota Camry offers many things, but the best praise one can pay it is that it is a car which can be transmitted down through generations.
More Details About Toyota Camry
- Toyota Camry has an Engine of 2.5-litre petrol + electric motor
- Its Transmission is eCVT
- Toyota Camry offers a Mileage of 19.1 km/l
- The model uses Petrol hybrid as its fuel type.
- Toyota Camry has a seating capacity of five people and has nine airbags.
9. Mercedes-Benz GLA – INR 44 – 48.10 Lakhs
We have one of Mercedes-Benz’s SUVs on the list because it makes sense, given that the company has a reputation for being the golden standard when it pertains to being a premium icon. The German automaker’s entry-level SUV is called the GLA, and throughout the years, the Indian market has ranked it among its most well-liked vehicles.
The fact that this Mercedes SUV’s appearance has progressively resembled that of its older brothers over time, giving it a sense of superiority, significantly strengthens its argument. Anyone who wants to enter the world of luxury automobiles, specifically SUVs, should consider the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
The Mercedes-Benz CLA Class is a compact sedan that offers a well-rounded package. It comes with excellent fuel efficiency, as well as a strong performance and safety record. This car has an engine output of 220 hp, which is enough to propel it through traffic at high speeds.
More Details About Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLA has an Engine of 1.4-litre turbo petrol and 2.0-litre diesel.
- It offers a 7-speed DCT and 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Mercedes-Benz GLA uses both petrol as well as diesel as its fuel type.
- The model provides a mileage of 17.9 km/l (diesel-variant), 13.7 km/l (petrol-variant)
- The model has a seating capacity of five people and nine airbags.
10. MG Gloster – INR 32.60 Lakhs
The Gloster arrived on the scene as MG was setting up shop in India, yet it was able to establish a reputation for itself for a number of reasons. The first feature that sticks out about it is its size, which is sufficient to let everyone know because it is an SUV with real substance.
Last but not least, MG’s feature list was extensive enough to make even-known names in the luxury industry sit up and take notice. It included a twin-turbo diesel engine with enough power to satisfy even the most ardent enthusiast’s thirst for speed. Its cabin also has a very luxurious vibe. Due to all of this, the MG Gloster is now a vehicle that provides a variety of features.
More Details About MG Gloster
- MG Gloster has an Engine 2.0-litre diesel, 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel
- It offers an 8-speed automatic transmission (both engines)
- The model offers a Mileage of 13.27 km/l
- It uses petrol as its fuel type.
- MG Gloster has a Seating Capacity of Seven people and has six airbags
Things To Consider While Buying An Affordable luxury Car In India
● Cost of Maintenance: Although you might not need to repair any major components with your luxury car, you still need to perform routine maintenance to keep it in good working order. Even though the initial cost is typically lower for luxury brands, oil changes, alignments, as well as other normal maintenance are typically more expensive. Choose an entry-level luxury car with lower maintenance costs, such as the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, rather than a costly car.
● Value at Resale: They fall more forcefully the higher they stand. Pricey automobiles depreciate and lose market value quickly. You consequently lose the money you worked so hard to gain. However, depending totally on the state of the vehicle, certain automakers do offer buy-back schemes. The upside of all this is that while used premium cars can lose up to 50% of their value within the space of three to four years, you can find amazing prices on them.
It need not be intimidating to make a premium car purchase. You can determine which luxury vehicle you can finance by doing your research, creating a budget, and accounting for costs that go above and beyond the sticker price.
● Fuel Efficiency: You must factor the cost of premium fuel, which is required for the majority of luxury vehicles, into your total expenses before making a major choice. If you are replacing a car with bad fuel efficiency, you probably won’t notice it much. But you should unquestionably take that into account. Luxury cars use a lot of gasoline, yet they provide a more comfortable ride with better efficiency.
● Take a look at The Driving test: When having a test drive in a luxury vehicle, it is preferable to bring a family member or friend along. Since there is much more to test, they won’t just add a pair of scanning eyes; they won’t be as invested in the transaction as you will be, which will allow you to form a more objective evaluation of the car. Additionally, the test drive for your ideal luxury vehicle is when your knowledge of it will pay off the most. From the rims to the roof rails, check every single feature.
● Verify the used Luxury vehicle’s certification: Certification is essential for tranquillity because significant sums of money are at stake when buying second-hand luxury cars. An extensively inspected, certified luxury vehicle includes a warranty. You can either purchase a certified utilised luxury car directly from the premium brands or get your car certified through an authorised dealer.
The majority of the premium automakers in India, including Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, BMW, and others, have expanded their pre-owned automobile divisions, providing you with luxury vehicles that are certified as pre-owned. There are distinct websites where you can research your possibilities for used luxury cars.
How To Take Care Of Your Luxury Car?
As luxury cars are constructed from pricey, high-quality components that are occasionally difficult to source, they are much more expensive to repair and maintain. They might even have equipment that calls for specialised skills to service or repair. Since they frequently use higher-grade materials and difficult-to-find parts, it would cost you more. Below are some points that will help you to take care of your luxury car.
● Select Luxurious Insurance: Contrary to popular opinion, visiting your neighbourhood auto insurance provider won’t be sufficient to safeguard your expensive vehicle. Invest in a high-end insurance policy rather than skimping and maybe putting your asset at risk.
● Park It Inside: Parking a fancy vehicle on the street or in your driveway is just the worst action you can do. By doing this, you put yourself in danger and make it much simpler for thieves to steal your car. If you possess an adjoining garage, dust it out so that it may serve as the ideal place to store your automobile while you aren’t using it.
● Include a Thick Coat of Wax: Another aspect of security that you shouldn’t overlook is detailing your luxury vehicle. Even if you pick your parking locations wisely, there will always be adolescents to unlock the doors of nearby cars too eagerly or tyres that kick up rocks. You can’t always stop objects from denting your fenders or damaging your paint. However, there are things you may do to lessen the harm these consequences do.
As you can see, there are numerous options available for those looking to buy a luxury car. Whether you’re looking for something luxurious or not, these models cover many feature points and styles. The key is to find the model that best fits your needs and budget. If it is not what you thought to buy, you’ll know what else might fit your needs better from this list of the top 10 cheapest luxury cars in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which could be the best affordable luxury car in the price range of 30 to 35 lakhs?
Skoda superb is the best option if one has to buy an affordable luxury car in India. It has a price ranging from 34 lakhs to 37 lakhs covering most of the premium features like the best engine performance, good NVH, and spacious cabin.
2. Which is the best low-maintenance luxury car in India?
BMW 3 Series is one of the most expensive luxury vehicles with low maintenance. A BMW service centre is also not too far away. The vehicle has an automated transmission, a 1998CC engine with a 16.13 fuel efficiency rating, and 255BHP at 5000 rpm of top power.
3. Which is the safest luxury car available in India?
Stylish seven-seat Sports Utility Vehicle, the Volvo XC90. It is available in five lovely colours: Crystal White, Bright Desk, Denim Blue, Platinum Grey, and Onyx Black. The X90 has a high-fidelity audio system by Bowers & Wilkins, best-in-class navigation, and a sophisticated air purification system. Its interiors are comfy. When it comes to safety, then it has
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)
- Detects and corrects drifting
- Auto Braking
- 360° parking view
- Vehicle detection while reverse parking
- Collision-avoiding systems
4. Why do consumers choose used premium car dealerships over CPO programs when buying a car?
Both offer high-quality cars, but a CPO is substantially more expensive than a dealership. There are numerous explanations for this. The most important is that CPO automobiles are marked with the brand name. Additionally, brand names are more expensive. In contrast to CPOs and private sellers, where you must choose between compromising on quality or pricing, dealerships offer good quality at extremely reasonable costs.
5. Are auto dealerships trustworthy and safe?
Engaging with the wrong auto dealership can cost you because not all of them are reliable. Dealerships have the drawback that they frequently conduct inspections to please their customers. What precisely are they inspecting, though, is the matter at hand. The dealership is probably trustworthy if the checklist includes important car parts. Are you receiving all you require from the dealership, Another question? For instance, a dealership that provides buy-back value and after-sale services is a superior option.
6. Is the maintenance of luxury cars hard?
Yes, it might be a bit tough to manage luxury cars because these have several intricate parts which are quite essential for the overall driving experience. However, it has also been found that luxury cars have several areas which can be heralded without any kind of hassle. You need to know the right ways in which your car can be managed in the market. There are options for luxury car management which must be taken up in order to make sure that the car is in the right shape. If you are still worrying, it is better to talk to an expert regarding this.
7. Where can I find the cheapest luxury cars?
Australia is the most economical country to purchase a luxury automobile compared to its average yearly pay, yet it has the sixth-highest density of premium cars. Australia has an average salary GDP of $59,507.84 and $149,788.20 as the average cost of a luxury car, which means that the average salary is 39.73% of that of a luxury car which therefore takes 2.5 years of annual salary to buy a luxury car (assuming no other major expenditure).
Vietnam, on the other hand, is the most expensive country in which to buy a luxurious car, with an average luxury car price of an astonishing $972,438 compared to its stated average yearly wage of $7,275, or just 0.75 per cent of the cost of a luxury car.
After that, France, Italy and England are the three countries which have the cheapest luxury cars. These countries are the sitting areas of the brands which are responsible for making luxury items. There is no cost of export, and thus, the cost of luxury cars is quite less in these countries.
8. What defines the advantages of buying an affordable luxury car?
When you have an affordable luxury car in your possession, there are two things that you are going to be sure of. Firstly, you will not have to worry about the street credit which you have been lacking till now. You will be turning your eyes on the road as easily as your car picks up speed. Along with this, luxury cars are made with great detailing and care. You can be quite sure that your luxury car will be quite easily available if you are ready to deal with the smaller issues of car management.
9. How can your luxury car be cared for?
The best way in which you can look out for your luxury car is to make sure that this car is taken out for servicing at the right times. You should not subject it to rough driving conditions, which might ruin its ability to work better and faster in the required conditions.
You must avoid taking it for rides in conditions which might lead to a series of potholes and other such elements to ruin the smooth drive of the car.
Moreover, you should always be careful about the total distance which is travelled by this car because it will be responsible for the overall driving smoothness. If there is any kind of issue while driving this car, you should talk to the experts immediately.
10. Are better parts used in luxury cars?
Yes, better parts are always used in luxury cars. These cars are made with an effort to shine through the other cars on the street and make sure that the owner gets a specific street credit just for owning this automobile. However, there are great parts which are used in regular cars as well. It has been seen that the parts from regular cars often do not replace or fit the luxury cars which are made on a daily basis. The experts have stated that luxury car fittings should always be replaced with elements which belong to the same car brand.